R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC 1/10 Pan Car
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 06:15 PM
Still Bill
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Just come by NorCal Hobbies...

Just come by NorCal Hobbies and I can show you.

Get the medium sized Kimbrough servo saver. The small one's spring mechanism is not heavy enough for 1/10th scale.

Like you said, the car will be stupid fast with a 13.5 motor. We are all racing with 17.5 motors.

Bill

Originally Posted by scoobie1
Hey to all you pan car guys!

Im a offroad racer, that picked up a GenX to play with...the car is new, built, but never run and the deal was too good to pass up. The car came with Jaco GT Spec tires (uncut), and a 110 spur. I got a Tekin 13.5/RS Pro, w/ProTek 30C 3800hardcase lipo for a power plant. The only things I need to finish it off is a servo saver, and a pinion gear...the pinion gear is where I'm hung up.

I am looking for advice on a starting point for a pinion. I've been reading through this thread over the last couple of days, and havent found info for my specific setup. The setup necessary with these cars is mind numbing...I'm trying to soak it all in

I got it because I wanted something stupid fast to play with, to try and sharpen up my reflexes during downtime of not being able to race 1/8 buggy. I have a nice indoor carpet track to play on, and I do realize that the powerplant may be a little too much for indoor...but thats what I wanted, plus I figured I could tame it down on my radio if needed.

Any help or advice is welcome