R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 11:23 AM
ChattyMatty
Tech Apprentice

Default BTW-

I never meant to come accross as a hater...just as there will always be a market in the 1:1 world for those guys that have to have their proper date coded fan belts and spark plug wires, and then there are the guys who see a car, see the Hemi in it and say "Nice car" before (if ever) asking "Is it real?", there will be the guys who are willing to pay real money for the rarities in the mini would and those of us who are ok with a 'fake'.

Back in my 1:1 Mustang days one of the running jokes was how much money we could make if we could just find a tank of air compressed in April 1964 so the concourse nuts could say "I have real 1964 air in MY tires!". It got so bad that guys would build cars with no fluids in them so they wouldn't ever leak...needless to say they had 3500 pound paperweights they had to push around, but they won shows because their cars were cleaner. They actually had to start teching cars to make sure they ran so no one could pull this trick. So likewise, while I'll build a lid for shelf queen duty (and spent $140 on the Linder---don't drink and ebay!), my chassis' have to be runners, which means the $5 option for me...