R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car
Old 03-25-2009, 08:29 AM
mikky32
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mac853
Nope, off course i am not saying negative issues just for criticizing, mainly for asking to have more knowledge.
You have to forgive me to have strong bad memories with my good design but bad quality material Xpress, serious.
Off course the design is interesting and updated, but since Yamazaki-san took out the design and making, then let me to doubt about the quality remaining of these new TOP.
About the HK drivers, last time i ask of somebody of TOP bring Blue car, was just photos sent by my friend which was also in the race, that's why i asking like this, i thought TOP haven't enough time to making own car to be small factory then the drivers using the chassis of other brands.
I am just really asking questions just for making research to choosing my new chassis, then nothing more.

Thanks for your answer.
I drive now more than 1 year TOP and i don't understand what you are talking about. Never hath big problems. started with the original axles and changed to the V2 ones.
Afgter that the allu parts added and i have no problems any more.
When i see a mi3 and see how much top plates they bracke and howmanny other parts like bulheads that bend shock towers that brake and more. than i can't talk about a car that has problems. my car is compared to the new xray, mi3 aspecialy the TRF416 a strong an d good car.
I have seen broken top plates by the xray. TRF416 was after a crash ready for the trashcan.
My TOP made big crashes but it still runs grade and is not tweaked.

When you want to complain aboud the quality buy a Tamiya or something.

I made a chose between Xray, Hotbodies and a TOP. i have chosen TOP. I find this the best driving car at the moment.

The Tamiya brakes fast but is designed for racers. Xrays are strong and designed for racers and club drivers.
When i see the Photon and i'm an engineer, than i see a trong and good designed car.
The first thing a saw were the arms and the uprights. they made me smile to see that they were designed so they can handle some crashes.
Just look at the car.

Josh next time work a bit harder so it's earlier ready for production