R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 06:22 PM
CHRIS CHAVEZ
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hebiki
Chris, man what are you b!tching about? just kidding. you know ive tried the setups from TRF... they work.. but i feel they are more of just a starting point.

esp. since their track conditions very GREATLY from ours (big races usually almost always has high bite with controlled tires), it would be benefit tamiya drivers like us if changes were explained.... like how RedRC reports that certain drivers will do "A" to get more steering.. or go back to change "B" to reduce oversteer. etc.

be honest... none of us will ever drive like Rheinard.. so their set up won't really work for us. Plus the fact that i only race 17.5/13.5. I'm sure their 2.5 set up might not work as well as coming up with your own.

just a thought...
Chris,
I know your a little biased in your response because you've been such a looooooong time, die hard, Tamiya fan, that refuses to think Tamiya can do no wrong. Over the years I've owned many Touring cars, but this is my first Tamiya! I had high hopes because I just spent well over $500 of my hard earned money in the middle of a freaking Recession!

My first impression of the car was great, I really love the design! Although, After I started to develop problems with the spool cups and wasn't able(and still unable) to purchase any replacements I was little unhappy. Now I find out that Tamiya does not care to support their Customers with setups of their Top of the line 416WE.

By the way, i have been around long enough to know that the best setups are found on your own, but since i can't live at the track like a lot of you guys, it would be nice to have some support from the manufacture for some guidance.

I think what shocks me the most is, I assumed that Tamiya would be working harder than ever to make their customers happy especially in the middle of one of the worst economic crisis's ever!

P.S. if my B!tching works then everybody wins. Happier Customers=Tamiya makes more MONEY!!!!!yay

Last edited by CHRIS CHAVEZ; 03-24-2009 at 06:51 PM.