R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - balancing off road tiers is it worth it
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 06:29 PM
Integra
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jesse
I dnt know, i dont think its a poor excuse, just a fact. I would run a heat, then balance my tires after the fact and they were off balance and more heavier. I checked my lap times with and without in a 5 minute heat, and my times were the same. I noticed a bigger difference from running new tires over a set of balanced used tires...and my times were faster running newer tires over a used set of balanced tires.

Just something i noticed on my own. I also have seen some real fast times on the track, who also didnt have balanced tires. They are plastic rims that bend, its not like scale tires that are balanced on aluminum rims...

but if you have the time to balance your tires between runs, thats awesome, i just dont have the time, i am usually charging batteires or going over my setup, or just changing out my tires for a newer set.

Thats just my personal preference...but those balanced tires do seem dialed in the pics.

balanced wheels make everything last longer....wheel bearings, CVD's, arms, everything that is suspension related that is now not violently shaking when you give it gas...if your wheels change weight during a quali you didnt spin them up and seat the foam prior to balancing....my tires are all perfect after a whole day of racing....so i dont know what your issue is....they are also Dialed on the starter box...with ZERO shaking.