R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HOT BODIES TIRES
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 11:41 AM
itsshemp
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I finally had a chance to try out the new HB tires, this past weekend. They are no joke!

I had 3 sets to try, all in red compound. Khaos, Blocks, and Megabites.

These were tried on, what I consider, a medium packed surface, with fluff. Lightly watered through out the day.

First off, I mounted them using used AKA foams. After mounting them, I was amazed on how they felt. They just felt great. The foams fit the tires great, and the foams felt soft, yet firm. I couldn't wait to get them on the track.

I tried them using the blocks in front, and the Khaos in the rear. Much like you would use a Bow-Fighter combo.

During practice, once I hit the first turn, I had a smile on my face! The steering i had with the blocks on the front, were awsome! The khaos tires, (which are simiular in design to the Bowties) have a little bit different design which I felt gave them more side bite than that of the Bowties. This made all the difference. After a few laps of getting used to the combo, it just got better. I could dive into the turns, with now push, and exit the turns without that feeling of the rear washing out. A little throttle seems to help the rear bite in, and gave them a good feel to the combo. Even as the track dried out a bit, they still had a great feel, and never lost my steering.

Later in the day, the track died out sooner, so I decided to try the Megabite. Again, these tires worked good, but I think they would have worked better on a harder packed surface. They still had a great feel, but were not as consistent. I'm sure it had to do with the amount of fluffy surface there was around the track. Lap times were still about the same, but had to work a little harder to get around the track.

Decided to go back to the first combo, and it was back to great steering, and a great feel.

Tire wear was pretty good. The Blocks showed zero wear. The Khaos tires showed some signs. The red compound is pretty dang soft. I will have to try the Khoas in medium compound. I think that might be the ticket.

My next time out, I will try the Blocks in all four corners, and see how that works.

I just thought I would express my opinion on the HB tires that I have tried. If your looking to try something different, give them a shot! They are reasonably priced, and work great!

I will be racing this weekend at Revelations Raceway, where I think the Megabites will shine! I cant wait! I will post how they worked out next week!