Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2002, 12:37 PM
Greg Amendola
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default Setup

JohnBull,

I looked at your setup and your suspension certainly is chipping in on the traction. I see a good balance on setup though with the trade-off of 4 degree caster hubs and the rear 2+2 block.

Things to consider: going to the rear 2+0 block to make the car rotate even quicker around corners, but only if traction will allows.
In addition, each shock mount hole in the top equates to -2.5lbs, so if you run a Assoc. 30lbs front spring at the inside hole, it's really at 25lbs. Should you car feel sluggish in transition sections, go to the 25lbs spring in the top hole(as an example) for quicker handling.

Another thing to know about the inside holes, I really only see them used to reduce traction rolls on foam-tired cars. Typically, cars setups on rubber seem best on the outside holes. I would suggest going to a Associated Green all the way around in the outside hole for the shocks, maybe even a Silver. Both are well suited for 30wt oil. If you need softer springs, I would consider a lower temp tire compound rather than trade off corner speed. This does reduce tire longevity, but should someone start winning rather than your son, you have some ideas to use and hopefully improve his results without breaking the bank.