R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 01:30 PM
WideOpenThrottle RC
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
just bought a mugen mbx6. asembly has been fine with the differentials. When i went to put together the front end i followed the directions to the T on the front arms, lower arms, shock tower and what ever that plate is that the uper arms atach too. when i went to put my hubs on and conect the driveshafts to the hub and the hub to the uper and lower arms, when i tightened it, both uper and lower arms FREEZE! No motion, nothing. Just locks up wont go up or down at ALL. everything is by the book, left uper and lower (facing right and right side up) and right uper and lower. I have trouble shooted everything and am on the verge of throwing my 600 kit up agaist the wall. i have striped 2 hex nutts already and now one hub i cannot even get off or tighten. I swear i think the directions are either wrong or the part made for the upper and lower arms is not right. I want to take it back but i really want this car. I am at my witts and about to lose it. Somebody please help me.

and it looks like i am going to need to find out how to get striped hex nuts out.
Well I don't run a mugen but something has to be binding somewhere, post a pic of the front end on here and someone will get you fixed up. On the hex nuts just slot a groove in the head of it with a dremel and use a straight screwdriver to remove them.