R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2002, 12:50 AM
Corse-R
Tech Elite

Hi:

The last weekend went some friends to 'degrease' hands and run some packs at our local racetrack.

It happened me a strange thing, it was the first day that my new FTTC3 was on the track (hey TA guys, it's my sixth TC3 and my third FT, what about a 'discount' on the next unit? :-D ).

I assembled, as usual very carefully (yes, I've spent some days deburring pieces and assembling to ensure that all works of from the first pack and installing some hop ups (#3906 BB, IRS input shafts, Trinity spur adaptor & center BB holder )...

All the car was perfectly trimed and as usual i put some setup that worked fine for the conditions of the track (parts of the track were humid and a little dirty bcause nothing run at the track for several days).

This was my setup:
Front:
Gold Springs with 50wt oil, piston shock #2.
2º caster blocks.
F-0 front A-arm support brace (0º kickup).
2º camber.
Upper shock position: outer hole.
Stock position for the camber rod.
Droop at #3.
No sway bar
Ball Diff

Rear:
Silver Springs with 50wt oil, piston shock #1.
R2-2 Rear A-arm support brace (2º toe-in and 2º kick-up).
2º camber.
Upper shock position: center.
Stock position for the camber rod.
Droop at #5.
No sway bar
Ball Diff

For tyres, I choosed some 24mm ProLines 1095 H13 with Yokomo ZR-037-S for the fronts and stock blue foam as inserts.

The car was stable, but the grip of the rear was really bad. On high speed turns, the car came loose at the rears and on hairpins, braking gently I was loosing the grip at all on some turns the car was pushing a lot for the front (understeer, specially when exiting from the first turn of an 'S'). I tested using some Red Dot and Tyre tweak and the things got slightly better and getting more grip until the tyres got some temp (usually 2 or three complete turns to the track).

The track conditions were this:
Ambient temp: 14ºC
Track temp: 5ºC
No wind.
Some parts of the track were humid.

Well, I'm accepting some suggestions to that setup in order to improve it. What about shorting and moving outwards the rear caster rod?

P.D: Seems strange that in the time the TC3 is out, TA doesn't launched a foam brace for the front bumper...