Thread: TT-01 Forum
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 07:25 AM   #1452
RaceBucks
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChattyMatty View Post
BTW- Bucks, did the TCS tecHs give you any guff about running the F201 gear in TCS races? seems like it might violate the "on the chassis it was designed for" clause...or was it more of a "don't ask, don't tell" kinda thing?

-Cheers
*** Edit ***
Oops, about my earlier post, I forgot that I did run the 52T spur, but the largest pinion I had was only the 28. The TCS rules state that you can run any brand of spur, so I don't think it's illegal in GT. Spec class wouldn't have allowed it for many reasons, but in GT my interpretation is that it is legal.

As a side note, I'll be running F1/Mini this year so I gave my TT-01 car away to a beginner kid who is going to run TCS Spec with it this year; and his dad (who ran competitive with pro mod drivers back in the day) was so impressed with it that he bought one to run GT-3 this year as well. Glad the car found a good home.

It will be very interesting to see how the TT-01 does in a very competitive class in the hands of a very skilled driver!

Last edited by RaceBucks; 03-12-2009 at 03:16 PM.
RaceBucks is offline   Reply With Quote