R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Racing Techniques
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 04:24 AM
rcjunky10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 227 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RiverDiver
When I have a problem with a blind spot instead of blazing into it I roll through it slow.......better to be on four wheels rollin slow than needing a turn marshall and practice makes perfect. Any extra time you and your son have spent it making laps!
+1 on slow rolling through a difficult section on the track. Better to be on all fours than on your lid. You've probably heard it said but it serves repeating "Slow is fast.."

I've been racing a bit over two years now and have finally gotten to where I am able to read/feel/drive the line on most tracks. That being said something I have started trying to do more is to utilize my peripheral vision by not looking directly at my car, but rather focusing on the front most portion of the car. This better enables my mind to process the track as I approach turns/jumps etc...This little tip will pay dividends especially when trying to avoid other cars that are "blocking" your path. We've all seen it happen, a guy is getting on the throttle heading down the straight, while another driver has flipped over, the other guy doesn't see him and BOOM you've got a big 'ole collision and one if not both cars are damaged.

Try it out the next time your on the track and remember to take your time you'll be much faster for it freeing you up to enjoy spending time with your son....Good luck!