R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 01:24 PM
rc pete
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyclone speed
So , if the track layout is tight , i should have less spacing ( more ackermann ) and if the track is flowing i should have more spacing ( less ackermann ) , is it right ?
In general, yes. But you may sometimes change it based on how the car feels and how much traction there is, or how smooth the track is, regardless of track layout. I'd suggest to play with that adjustment to see what the car feels like to you. Some guys at our track don't like the ackerman settings I run, because they have a different driving style. In the end, you have to tune for you.

About moving the front arms , i have them all the way front , i will try to put them all the way back but on the rear , i have the arms all the way front so it will give me the shortest wheelbase if i put the front arms all the way back (wich you are recomending and i will try ) and the rear arms all the way front .
So should i move my rear arms or should i keep my arms as it is ?
Yes, move the front arms back for more mid corner steering. On the rear wheelbase, I find the car is more stable on throttle with it longer, and it tends to powerslide more if it's shorter. I normally run the stock setting on both the rear arms and hub (according to the TC instructions), unless I want to change that.

About roll center your saying that i have a low r-center so if i have 3mm front i should put 2 mm or 2.5 mm ?
And for the rear i should go from 2mm to 1.5 . Am i right or no ?
I was referring to the 1.0mm spacers you're running under your pivot blocks. I find that those have a bigger difference, as far as roll center adjustment goes, than the top link. I use the top link to fine tune the roll center and camber rise.
With relatively soft springs (silver,pink), I've been running 1.5mm spacers on a low-medium traction, tight, bumpy track. On flowing, smooth, med-high traction tracks I normally start with 1.0 spacers with harder springs (Tamiya White/Blue).

If you're looking for wholesale changes to something that works, try some of the setups posted online at hotbodiesonline, gearchart, petitrc, etc.