R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 10:52 PM
cyclone speed
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rc pete
The 4mm ackerman is what I'd recommend to start on a flowing medium traction carpet track. I haven't had much luck running less spacing (more ackerman) on carpet with rubber unless it's a tight point-and-shoot track. You'll find that the car carves around the turns more predictably.

Also try moving the front arms all the way back. It will put more weight over the front and give you more mid and exit steering.

As a general comment, you must be getting a lot of roll out the car... normally I don't see carpet/rubber setups with low roll centers and soft springs (looks like a pavement setup). I find on carpet it takes away some responsiveness out of the car.
So , if the track layout is tight , i should have less spacing ( more ackermann ) and if the track is flowing i should have more spacing ( less ackermann ) , is it right ?

About moving the front arms , i have them all the way front , i will try to put them all the way back but on the rear , i have the arms all the way front so it will give me the shortest wheelbase if i put the front arms all the way back (wich you are recomending and i will try ) and the rear arms all the way front .
So should i move my rear arms or should i keep my arms as it is ?

About roll center your saying that i have a low r-center so if i have 3mm front i should put 2 mm or 2.5 mm ?
And for the rear i should go from 2mm to 1.5 . Am i right or no ?