R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - D8 vs RC8 vs X2
Thread: D8 vs RC8 vs X2
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 11:30 AM
BIG RE
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

The RC8 blows in my opinion, after a year of running it and struggling every week to find a setup that actually worked. I did have some wins with it, but damn was that car a struggle, always flipping over(RC8 guys know what I am talking about), the steering feel sucked, it didn't jump worth a damn, the (small bore) shocks sucked, they blew out and tore bladders. My friends RC8 was no better, even after the big bores and rear truggy tower conversion, it just still didn't perform the way a good buggy should.

THEN, I finally got into a very good buggy, the D8, it handles so well, the shocks are butter smooth, the diffs are awesome(fluid still clear after nearly a gallon), I broke one cv bone, but have since not had a problem, just keep the setscrew in the cv's tight and you should be fine, other than that I've had no problems and can't say anything else bad with it, it just kicks ass, I am VERY happy with it, and you can't argue with the price for the car or the parts.

I built a X2 for my friend who was running his RC8 for over a year, and in his first qualifier, after only one tank of practice, beat his record heat at the local track by a full 20 seconds! He said after about two minutes into that qualifier "the rc8 is gone, I don't want it anymore". The jammin is a tank and a very nice car, as is the D8. I just cant beleive that he and I handicapped ourselves for that long running those RC8's

Last edited by BIG RE; 03-01-2009 at 11:40 AM.