R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GRP . 21 off-road buggy motor?
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Frank L
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

The non tuned version that you are asking about is a great engine. It is easy to tune and I have seen it last well into the 8+ gallon mark. I sold my last GRP at 6.5 gal and it was still pulling strong. Break in took almost a full gallon before it loosened up. I ran the stock 2053 GRP pipe but and 053 pipe will work fine. If you are on a larger track then go with a high speed pipe like any 086 series. The different brands are all very similar. The non-tuned version takes a standard plug and the head button is built into the cooling head. It can be changed to turbo but it will cost 90 bucks, 30 for the head button and 60 for the head (not worth it).

If you have an extra $50 bucks I would highly suggest spending 280.00 for a powerhouse modded GRP. Mark at powerhouse takes this same non tuned engine and performs a race mod on it. I purchased one in Jan and all I can say is wow. The powerhouse modded engine outperforms my tuned version in every aspect. I am getting 11.5 min on a tank in my 8ight t 2.0. every aspect of the powerhouse modded version is better. Increased bottom end, mid-range is off the chart and top end is higher. This engine will just sit there and idle for days soo smooth. Engine temp was never above 220 on a very tight track. I am very pleased with the engine from Mark and his work is fast. He just got another shipment and they will go fast. I liked the powerhouse engine so much I ordered another one. Check out the powerhouse thread.