R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Don't buy MP9
Thread: Don't buy MP9
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 04:40 PM
MadRussian
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cfr7
I really don't know why I'm degrading myself by responding to someone who is obviously a complete idiot,Oh name calling again, how typically immature of you, and you forgot to add "in my opinion". However, which based on the intelligence level you have displayed in your posts on this thread is roughly on a level with an average houseplant and isn't going to let me convince him he's not a rocket scientist.No, instead I own an International IT firm, and just get paid for my straight up knowledge/intelligence, lol I am not a top proI never would have guessed, champ, but I do work at a hobby shop and I have driven my fair share of carsOh you work at a Hobby Shop, hell stop the presses, you are OMNIPOTENT!!. Anyone who races anything offroad can tell you that testing an offroad RC car for 0-60ft times is a worthless test.Short powerful bursts of acceleration is what gets you to the corner quicker than the next buggy....thats why they include it in the tests....sigh I'm not saying that all tests done by magazines are not worth reading, quite the contrary, but I guess that assumption could be madeOh so the other test results are fine, just not the ones that dont fit your arm flailing attempt at an argument? Nice!. I was not attacking the Z-Car either, but YOU were the one that brought up how strong the car was, I was simply saying that the car is not indestructible, every car breaks, LIKE I SAID!Like I said before, I never said its indestructable, only that its one of, if not the most durable buggy. Both magazine tests agreed on that..You do know what they say about ASSuming, right? And if your going to tell me to cease the name calling, I believe you are the one acting like a 12 year old girl in this situation, I never called anyone names (in my first post), I simply said the defense was dumb and it was a dumb test, would you prefer I called it asinine? "My defense was dumb, and it was a dumb test"...LMAO, I should stop here but you really do deserve to have every single one of your absurd points/attacks/name calling against me responded to. If you had a bit of education, I am sure you could have said you disagreed with my points without posting like a 16 year old, perhaps "I do not agree with your points, thy dont make sense, expound on your position" instead I am blessed with "you are dumb"
Need I remind you that we are testing OFFROAD RC CARS for 0-60 times, not full scale onroad cars straight off the showroom floor. There are too many variables in track conditions and equipment to consider this a valid test. In your opinionI would respect a side by side lap time test between the two cars run on the same track with similar conditions and running equipment, right down to the clutch springs, RC MAGAZINES DO RUN these tests, go find one. Show me one, champ, I happen to have subscriptions to all of them, and have for years, I cannot recall any exact test, I mean if you were to have an exact test it would be running the 2 same cars, AristotleTo any magazine editor or otherwise that might be reading this, I am in no way bashing tests run by mag's, I find some to be very informative, just not in this particular case.Yes, you are, its just that you are obviously fine with all tests that agree with you heres your sign, you have earned it on that one

As far as my seeing a pro driver drive his car and basing my opinion on that, I have been good friends with Kelby Roberts for years, I have seen him drive many cars and I race with him regularly, I respect his opinions as well as his driving abilities. While he might be considered a Pro, he is an equal in my eyes as I race with him (and get beat by him) weekly. I have yet to see him complain about any major parts breakage on the car, with the exception of a diff case issue that has been resolved by the company. So as far as my assuming that these complaints must be false, I wasn't assuming nearly as much about a car as you were about my background and intelligence.But I sure did nail it that you weren't a Pro driver, right Mr hobby shop worker right? And your intelligence? I think you have displayed it well here, or rather the lack of perfectly

And yes, I can comprehend the data gathered from testing, I also know when to base my opinions on what I read in tests, do you? Go ahead and continue insulting people online, I'm sure it does wonders for the company you are trying to promote.
I am SO sure people wont buy from me because I verbally smacked someone back who called me names and attacked me.. I am a Veteran, fire at me, I WILL return fire. I am like that. I am also honest straight up and just in my dealings with people, and would never sell an overpriced, unfinished, buggy. But if I did, I would stand behind it like Assoc and release a free fix for it. If everybody with MP9s is not breaking arms, some many are, the easy solution would see what casting lots (or different factories in China) they were from and seek to notify the owners of that batch of MP9s that there was a batch of plastic improperly finished, and send out replacements.

Piss off
Chris
Need a kleenex or something? Lighten up, Francis

By the way, you can feel free to respond to this, but I won't bother reading it.
I wouldnt read or respond to it either, if I was you
I would hope it would be juuust a bit embarassing for you.

Have a wonderful evening,
Paul