R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Associated RC12R5
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 08:29 AM
John St.Amant
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred_B
I won't argue the point that yours is off. All I am saying is that it's easily fixed and not worth blowing out of proportion.

Personally I think that the AE car is one of the more accurate cars out there. Plus, I've been able to run almost a full season without replacing parts. This is a major bonus compared to how we used to hack the old front end up.

Parts count on my car for this year is a couple sets of collapsed springs , a set of side springs, and a pair of worn out steering blocks. Compared to what used to break on the old cars this is nothing.
Sure easily fixxed... your method would yeild sbout 6 deg caster on my car. And thats NOT the amount I'd like to run. Closer to zero id perfer. Im just expressing my frustrations with what should be a wonderful car. You know how I am about that sort of stuff Fred. Okay , so I'm anal retentive. Hacking and shimming is not an option for me. It's either right or it takes flight! This is the twenty-frist century man. If I wanted a half ass car I would have gotten a Ford! LOL. But thats another story isnt it. Being able to build a kit and not having to re-engineer it before it's right... thats what I expect from every kit I buy. I guess thats why most of the cars I've gotted over the last few years are Tamiya cars. I've had atleast 15 12th scale cars over these last 30 years. Most of them were Associateds dating way back to a 12E.
Customer service is great there. Associated takes good care of their customers. More than I can say about MANY other companies. (no names)
No matter what the outcome is the fact is still an issue and I believe that QUALITY OVER QUANTITY is key. You can always polish a turd ... but once you are done its still a p.o.s.. Rather than hacking a turd , I'd perfer to have it right the first time so I dont have to fumble over it for hours trying to get it the way it should have been in the first place. So I'm an ass and speak my mind . So what. I honestly have to answer to ony God and the I.R.S.. I've had to deal with both of them in the past and even when they messed up it cost me big. Ive vented my frustrations on here many times and its just the way I do it. I never said I was pollitically correct and if i offended anyone in the process ,,, tough! Ok I'm sorry if anyone took that wrong but , geez !
I'm rebuilding 3 cars right now and its a shame that I have to piss a few people off to make a point . But whatever .. there are more people aware of this issue and I'm certain that more recers will be happier to know whats up.
I build QUALITY.... and I don't hack... on or off the track.