Thread: motorama 09
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 06:44 AM
baruke1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by morris
just got home...had an ok time.....man the track was difficult...for real...lol

the only thing i got to complain about is that i disagree with the way they did qualifying....you should be placed in order of laps you ran and how fast ya did it in 5 minutes...not by how you finished in your qualifier...i had a guy in my main that had ran faster then me....i was in the g main.....and there were guys that i ran faster than that were in the e main....?---whatever...had a good time..but next year i will run electric instead...

lata
Qual points are NOT based on how you finish in your qualifier, it is based on your time against every driver in your entire class, per round.

For instance, If I run a 7/5:07 in round 1 it doesnt matter if I win my heat if you run a 7/5:06 and finish 3rd in your heat. you will get a better score for that ROUND of qualifying because you where faster in that round.

Qual points are in my opinion the most effective way to run qualifying for many obvious reasons. There is simply a misconception as to how it all works.

I do agree that the track was every bit of challenging, I loved every minute of track time i got on it!