R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Don't buy MP9
Thread: Don't buy MP9
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 09:17 PM
MadRussian
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan
I believe anyone who bases his car purchase based solely on a 0-60ft is STUPID!!

I don't care what magazine did the test, I'm sure most people on this forum would agree that there are many considerations to choose a buggy other than a dumb 0-60ft time. I don't consider that an "extensive" test at all. There are things like the way a buggy handles, the fit/finish of the parts, parts availability at the track that people consider when they buy an RC product.

As for variations, how do we know the engine wasn't tuned right in the test? Or what about gearing? Same wheels/tires?

I don't need to talk to MP9 drivers to call BS on you. How about I grab the cheapest 1/8th buggy I can find, trim all the plastic and remove some metal parts. Then put it in a 0-60ft drag race?! Now I'll have a buggy that is half the price of the SH Z buggy, and is lighter and smokes it in a straightline for half the cost! By your logic, it should be better!
Did you not read my post?? I agreed there were more than just that to use a the sole criteria for purchasing a buggy, but that the test did show the Z-Car being almost HALF a second quicker to 60 ft.
If you race then you know that 0-60 ft time is relevant..
Like I answered on the other forum, the wheels and tires were stock on each.

You last paragraph speaks volumes about how little you are able to comprehend anything I am saying. No weight was removed from either car.
And how would you find a buggy thats half of the current sale price of $229 for teh Pro kit?
Your logic and resaoning is as full of holes as a screen door, and I am bored with this.
Thomas Paine said it best:
Attempting to debate with a person who has abandoned reason is like giving medicine to the dead.