R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Should electric 1/8th scales be allowed to race against nitro 1/8th scales?
Old 02-17-2009, 10:20 PM
Oasis
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Edumakated
But again, why the fuss over electric and its "advantages" but it's ok for a deep pocket nitro racer to spend a ton of money on a modded out nitro engine that needs one less pit stop, puts out more hp, and holds a tune better and race it against broke racers running RTR mills? How is it any different? Why is that not cheating?

Flame Out = Battery plug knocking itself loose after casing a jump. Yes, I had it happen to me in a race. Or better yet, ESC thermaling because I over geared for the track. Battery dumps with 30 seconds left in a 20 minute main because I got a little trigger happy. Electric is hardly plug and go.

The way some of you guys talk about flame outs, weather, holding a tune, etc you make it sound like 90% of nitro's can't make it around a track without breaking down. Hardly any of the nitro guys I see at my local track seem to have any of these problems on a regular basis.

Electric does have its advantages, but completely over blown IMHO. I think the bigger issue is that there is an undercurrent of fear that new game changing technology is on the horizon that doesn't include nitro engines. Don't get me wrong, I love to see the nitros screaming down the straight. Just has a certain soul about the noise that I find appealing at the track (sometimes).
Just admit that you like to cheat....Why do you feel that you need to race with nitros when in every other form of RC racing they separate the classes..race with other electric buggies and truggies..