R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Corally Owners Club v1.*
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2002, 07:29 AM
wiley
Tech Adept

by the way which spur number(64pitch) do u suggest to use with a stock and modified motor......is 110 for stock and 120 for mod sounds okay??? coz it seems that my lhs doesnt have any 48pitch in stock...what's the differnce in having a 6.0 against a 7.0 ratio??if i understand correctly using a higher gear ratio(i.e 6.0 compare to 7.0) u will lose some runtime/torque using higher ratio and using a lower ratio u have more runtime/torque but less rpm....110/32(6.47) and 120/35(6.45) this gear ratio is about the same but different spur/pinion sizes....what i want to know is what is the advantage/disadvantage of using either one coz they are having near identical ratios!!how do u guys gear your car???is it by using the same spur with different pinion sizes or use different spur and pinion to get the desired ratio???Does robinsons racing spur/pinion fits this car??
sorry if any of my question sounds silly or maybe it is really a silly question....so far i only have a nitro ...it's easier to choose the spur/pinion size as there are only a few to choose from(no 48pitch no 64pitch)
oh yah forgot to say HI!!