R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Moderators Inappropriately Removing Threads
Old 02-16-2009, 01:33 PM
Adam?
Tech Addict

That thread is the #1 hit on Google if you search for Trinity Pulse. It had a lot of information about the motors from people like Paul Lemieux and Todd Putnam. There were a lot of beneficial posts explaining how the motors were failing, what people were doing about it, etc.

A few bad seeds came along, mucked things up, and now the entire thread is gone. These pages are like our R/C Wikipedia, and benefit people far and wide in this hobby. Would you "trash" the 1/12 thread, or the RDX Phi thread if a few people were in there raising hell? Of course not, you'd deal with them individually. Why was this different? Because someone pushed your buttons and didn't listen when you told them to stop?

Things like this hurt the integrity of this site. I understand moderating is a thankless job, and I too appreciate your hard work. I'm sorry to call you to the carpet on this, but it's a terrible precedent.

And before any of you trot out the tired old argument of "if you don't like, it, start your own site," stop right there. I've spent years here, and genuinely care about this site's impact on the industry. My comments here aren't to insult everyone's buddy, but rather to call attention to an error. That's it.