R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BMI's DB12R
Thread: BMI's DB12R
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 10:24 AM
PHI/BMI racer
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by protc3
The front width seems to be very wide. I normally run mine at 164mm. I run 1.5-2 degrees of camber, and my ride height at 4mm w/ .25 mm uptravel.(front of the car for asphalt)

For the rear i run the track width at 172mm and if using the silva shock(bladder shock) I use 50 wt. oil w/ the gold spring(red if the bite is high). I run 1.5mm pod droop. I like the standard flex plates mounted in short position and no set screws because they eliminate the double steer though sweepers and keep the front tires from shaving down in fast corners. I run the rear ride height at 4mm. I like running pink rears and magenta fronts. I cut the rear to 1.800 and the fronts to 1.750.
Give this a try and let me know if the tire problem is resolved.
Just checked, I am actually running 168 mm front and 172 mm rear. I don't use the silva shock, still the old one. The uptravel is very different so I will try changing that. Running 4 mm ride height is a problem as its a bumpy track and the chassis bottoms out. Everyone running 1/12th here runs at least 5 mm. I will try the set-up changes and keep you up to date. Once this gets sorted the BMI will be untouchable. I was already running top lap times, this will only make things easier.

Thanks