R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MBX-6 - Xray 808 - MP9 - Best buy? Best Quality?
Old 02-14-2009, 02:22 AM
Merciless
Tech Master

I believe the later 808 kits have virtually all the updates "in the box". I bought mine right in front of christmas, I believe I have all the updated parts barring :

Shock boots and caps
Revised Air Filter set-up
New Body

If I coulda picked up my kit of Amain for the sorta discount you guys are talking, I'd be doing it again for sure

808 is an awesome piece of kit, only ran mine for a little over 5mins on track so far as my circuit is in the middle of a major overhaul. But what can I say, coming from a Losi it lacks a tad of steering both on and off power, but thats all in the set-up. What amazed me is just how much more composed it is and more settled, simply amazing. I think I'd be faster with the 808 as is, But being as I hadn't made any set-up adjustments at that point I feel there's so much more ability in the buggy to explore

Quality wise. Xray's in there own league. Mugen is good, haven't had a Kyosho. Losi well i'm sorry but it appears to be made on a tight budget and for me was akin to swiss cheese. Great on track I really liked it, But It felt like i needed my own parts truck, nothing broke just play gets into EVERYTHING so damn fast.

Rod