R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What buggy? HB D8 or Losi 8v2?
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 12:35 PM
BAUSTIN
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
I'll agree with you to a point. The Losi 9ine and the Hotbodies D8 aren't in the same league. I prefered the way the Losi drove. Higher quality tech to.

Side by side the Losi is clearly superior to the D8. But then again it costs more also.

But the Hot bodies car is completly competitive at the highest levels. Its on par wear wise with the Rc8 and Losi (thats not really a complement) It deos drive different though. If your track is open and flowing and there aren't real hard to clear jumps I'd go with the D8.

I disagree with it needing Mods. A box stock D8 made the Amain at the worlds. Thats plenty fast for me. I saw lots of nearly stock cars in the pics of the worlds. Kyosho, Losi, Hotbodies, Mugen had lots of cars there near stock. Not much needs fixing on Mugen, Kyosho,Xray though.

Hara is all about perfecting the car. Its his art. Give a perfect car and he'll still change stuff. Just because he changed the car deosn't mean he needed to. Besides all his mods are available. Was Truhe runnig smart diffs? (thats a significant mod)

Losi vs. Hotbodies, comes down to price. You can get 2 D8's for the price of the Losi 9ine 2.0. While the Losi 8 1.0 is the same price as the D8 now.

Its unfair to compare a $600 2.0 to a 320 D8. For 600 you can get a Mugen or an Xray. Skip the RC8, its fast but wears quick.

I'd go Mugen or Xray because the extra durability deos pay off. But between the two you mention. Losi
prices from crc.......

losi 2.0 529

mbx-6 514

d8 369

that is before any discount codes.......so not quite an extra car there.....maybee half of one, from what ive seen in person you may need it.....