Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Bob-Stormer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adam lancia
Thanks Randy!

Another question: I'm looking to order the following parts but I have yet to find an online store that stocks all of them together. I've checked Ashford, Amain, Tower, Horizon, Left Hander, Wind Tunnel....They all have part of the list but not all of it. Is there a shop that does stock all of this together under one roof? Thanks again for the help guys!

SMT 105 1/12th Foam Bumper Black
CRC 13451 Durashock Rebuild Kit (2)
CRC 4088 Graphite Servo Saver Brace
CRC 4123 Belleville Spng wash-3 bolt(2)
CRC 4284 VCS Dura-Shock Conversion Shock Color : Silver Anodized
XRA 305780 X-Ray Spur Gear 48 Pitch # of Teeth / Pitch : 99Tooth / 48 Pitch
ASC 7320 Body Mount Large Washer (4)
CRC 1409 Anodized 4-40 Ball Studs (4)
CRC 4126 8-32 Nylon Locknut (2)
CRC 4019 Aluminum Pivot balls for T-bar
Futaba Gear Set S9650
Associated Pivoting Body Mounts TC3
Associated Silicone Shock Oil 30 Weight 2 oz
Kimbrough Differential Gear 64P 88T
Trinity R-Minus Gold Battery Connector Set
Associated Factory Team Turnbuckle 1.775" 45mm (2)
the reason you're not going to find all that at one place is just simple logistics. Horizon doesn't do Futaba... so they're out, Tower doesn't do Xray, so that's out. Keep going and it gets worse, depending on who is out of what, at that INSTANT.

I don't know who SMT is. Neither do Horizon or Tower.

the same search term that found "r minus" connectors at Tower and Stormer, did not at Horizon (but I know they do carry them).

There are 7 items don't have part numbers, so you're at the mercy of everbodys search engines, and not everything is listed the same.

Also, you have 16 items and perhaps a dozen solid vendors to choose from to look for stuff. Even if you are smooth and know every shops search engines and can knock out 2 solid searches a minute, you're gonna spend about 96 minutes of just searching. AND, any shop with LIVE inventory like Stormer could show it one minute, sold out the next. now you have to start over.

It's not that nobody was willing to respond, it's just that you started what is potentially a 2 hour long scavenger hunt with only one pre-determined winner

Here's how far I got on the list before I realized the length of potential work involved. ...lol... I made it 2 numbers for 3 vendors when I broke out the calculator.

And just because it doesn't come up in your first attempt at searching it, doesn't mean it's not there. What's a ball cup for some is a rod end for others, etc.

CRC13451, Tower doesn't list it, Horizon is out, Stormer doesn't list it.
CRC4088, Stormer has it, Horizon has it, Tower doesn't list it.