R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RC GT Open
Thread: RC GT Open
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 08:52 PM
Turkey Boy
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by artwork
A few of us meet today and talked about RC GT. Sounds like there is some interest at the track. I probably wont get my car running for a few weeks. We want to get people's email addresses so that we can coordinate when we will be running. "Turkey Boy" should be posting something soon about the coordination effort.

I will be checking on which of the tire choices work well on carpet in some of the other threads. From there I would like to try and standardize on a couple of choices for tires as to not affect the carpet. As for bodies...HPI has a great selection of non-race bodies that would be perfect for this class. I was hoping that we could use the tuner style bodies, but as long as it is not a race body then I guess it would work. Sounds like there are at least 6-8 racers at the track that are interested, plus a few more. Sounds like this could be a great class.

Check this post for lots of good info...http://www.rctech.net/forum/5331063-post3276.html
I got some email addresses at the track today of people that were interested. I think Art's estimation of aout 6+ people at CORRC today that were interested is accurate. If you're interested in keeping up with what the rules are going to be, drop me a PM and get on my list.

Regarding the bodies...I would say that tentatively, anything on this page (link below) would work except: Dodge Stratus Aero 2, Dodge Stratus, Lambo Gallardo, and Lambo Murcialago.

http://www.hpiracing.com/hpibodies/190mm/

We'd like to eventually have an "approved body list" and HPI seems to make a good selection of the bodies that are in the spirit of the class. I also agree with Art...for now...if you have a "non-race" body that you want to run, then run it! I think you'll agree that the HPI site is a good starting point.

It is my goal to have this class up and running in 3 weeks. March 1st. If we can get it done earlier, great. If not...then I think March 1st is an obtainable goal.

Art: Keep us posted on what you find out about tires.