R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - PSYCHO NITRO BLAST II - The Relapse Feb 6-8 2009
Old 02-08-2009, 05:27 PM
RCRESPECT
Tech Rookie

Default psychomatic weekend

Mr Leikam,
The work you and your crew put in this race was seen. Every effort was profoundly known. You put on a fanfreakintastic show. This will carry on with me as I practice to better myself with the ever changing track. The thrill of this weekend for my family was the meeting of people from all over the country. The paintjobs was stellar. The race was adrenaline rush from friday morning to when we got home. We look forward to next year. When can we register for PNB 10'.

There is however a small black spot on the event. This weekend I saw a really bad example of what this "hobby" is about. When I first saw that "The Drake" was going to be at this local race, I really wanted to be there. I saw him, then got very dissappointed quick. Thursday night I saw Mr. Drake walk by a small group of people, who obviouslly recognised him. In jest they asked him to sign their infant. He smiled at them as he and his crew walked outside, I heard the words like idiot and stupid. Ok he's human. The family was goofin with him. I then was practicing on fridaynight, I saw a woman trying to pit for her husband. There was Mr. Drake in the pits with only a stop watch. She was a little woman, and he was huge standing there. Due to the noise She had to yell "excuse me" to get people to move, so she could drop her husband's car. We all seen how tight the driver's stand was. Mr. drake failed to move out of the way with his little stopwatch. She had to use her elbows to get by him. He gave her a look as if to say "how dare you". He could have kept time at another part of the track. Then of course the disrepect he and the team losi crew gave you and your crew of not showing up for his turn on the mains for turn marshal. I thought the R/C GOLDEN RULE was "you race, you marshal" I heard several times of a request for extra marshals. Several of us responded. Now there might be several people who will say " I've meet Drake he's a nice guy" or "so and so pro driver doesn't like to marshal either". I guess getting paid to race makes it harder to enjoy the hobby. I will admit he is "tha man". He does know what he is doing. I can't say I was happy seeing him after all.