R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - I can't deal with this anymore!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Maximo
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spawn_x
I took the Picco to three LHS, none were able to help me. I was going to send it to AB Mods, but he suggested I send it to Ofna instead. I wish I could find someone very knowledgable.. I'm 26 but feel like I'm 12 trying to troubleshoot this stuff

Would length of fuel tubing from exhaust and to engine make any difference?

What glowplug are you trying to use ? chances are the tune is out.... Heres what I would do... first fire up the engine, hold the machine up on blocks... Slowly start applying throttle, at the same time your applying throttle richen the HSN, gradually bleed into the throttle as your richening the needle... What your looking for is to end up nearly wide open on the trigger, but soo rich the engine will barely run...it should be sputtering and spitting fuel, 4 stroking and not making any RPM.... Then once you hit this point of rich slowly start leaning down the HSN as your applying full throttle...... As you slowly lean the HSN the engine will start to run cleaner and crisper.... Keep leaning down the HSN till the engine starts to make some decent RPM, By sound I would say about 3/4 of maximum RPM ( 30 000 RPM ish)....At this point in time your engine will still be relatively rich, but it should be a good starting point to start tuning on the ground. Now at this point place the vehicle on the ground and do some wide open passes, at least 200 feet as you want to fully rev the engine out...Then lean the HSN down about 1/2 hour and do another high speed pass.. You will see that each time you nudge the HSN the engine will reach higher RPM's... What you are looking for is a clear steady high RPM note and in most cases a small smoke trail.... I am out of time, but I will add that it is best to use a hot glowplug with these engines, a cool plug will make dialing in a engine much more difficult, I find a hotter plugs allows me to run slightly richer and still retain good power.....The main thing is start rich and slowly work backwards, stalling like your describing is almost always from an engine being lean, or poor glowplug......