R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2003, 04:15 PM
SpeedyTC3
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by racerdx6
Does anyone have a preference of Jaco, TRC, or Calendra foam tires? I know CRC foams are just Jaco foam on CRC rims. But I was wondering which ones people like the most. Also if you have any reasons why I would like to know those too (not just CRC's because they look cooler and stuff like that). Thanks for any help.
I prefer the TRC over the CRC and the Jaco stuff.
My reasons are as follows:
1. The quality control on the TRC's seems to be tighter over the Jaco,CRC tires and rims. As of late, alot of the racers here have noticed a substantial wobble and inconsistency in the mounting of the foam to the rim coming from the CRC/JACO camps. This has yet to be seen on TRC's. Again, this is only going by what I and our local racers here have experienced. I'm sure others will have a difference of opinion.
2. The compound of the TRC's are more consistent from package to package. I use a durometer on all of my tires when they break out of the package. I never just purchase one set of tires, I usualy purchase in bulk quantities, enough to last me the racing season. This way I can match the tires better for a more consistent feel.
3. Out of the package, the TRC's spin truer.
4. More selection of compounds.

Just my $.02