R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEED HELP 427 engine keeps killing glowplugs
Old 02-06-2009, 12:39 PM
schultztec
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

More info,
I have completely tore down the engine this morning to check everything out and there was not much that was discovered. piston looks good no pitting or scoring, cylinder wall looks good as well. pinch/compression feel good.
I re-sealed the engine completely and the leak test passed. the only thing I found was the exhaust rubber gasket was a little chunked up so I replaced it with a new one.

PS - Since I have owned this engine, It seemed to me it would never run consistant, meaning it felt like there was an air leak somwhere. It would run good for a tank or two and then It would not want to restart or idle properly, This would occure all in the same day at the same track. There would be very little to no change in outside temp. (indoor track).

With all that said, I am somewhat new to this but the people that hae been helping me are not.(one gentleman is an ex losi sponcered driver and a current kyosho driver).. and everyone just seems to be scratching there head at this point..

thanks for all the info folks

chris