R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - tire gluing
Thread: tire gluing
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 08:41 AM
jpalessi
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pballer2777
i really dont have a process. i'm just trying to find the best way. the few times i tried it was just a trainwreck. so i'm trying to get some advice.
1) It's MOST IMPORTANT to use a High Quality CA Glue Made in the USA... I say this, cause glue that comes in from overseas has sat in a EXTREMELY HOT SEA Containers during shipping rendering the glue useless.( very important)

2) Tony N. is correct about NOT using Alcohol. (very bad) Alcohol, and motor-spray, causes the tire to leach oils from within the rubber. (not good for CA)
I use nothing, just a clean rag, and wipe clean.

3) (Most common mistake) When gluing most ppl try hard to get the glue deep in the bead. This is NOT necessary, and can get your tire glued to the rim were you don't want it, and or your fingers..lol I put the tires on the rims so they're in the bead perfect, then put on your mounting bands, then lightly pull back on the tire just enough to expose the outer side of the bead (so if you were to let go of the tire, the bead would pop right back into place with no fuss.) apply glue in that lil exposed area.. the glue works it's way deep in the bead..Trust Me!

All the cleaning, and sanding is good, and can help, but it's really time consuming, and not necessary if you use HIGH QUALITY MEDIUM CA MADE IN THE USA.. HOPE THIS HELPS GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by jpalessi; 02-06-2009 at 11:45 AM.