R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - More Off-Road -- Video
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 11:31 PM
griz11
Tech Addict

Default Yea I know I'm a wimp

I used to live in Colorado and now I'm just a big wimp. I lost over 100lb when I went through chemo and since then I get cold at the drop of a hat. When I woke up after my bypass surgery I thought I was going to die of shivering. Here it is always moist. In Colorado I could stand outside with a t-shirt when it was 32 deg if I stayed in the sunlight. Here and you are cold trying to do that. I think the coldest I've seen personally is -25 or so. It was too cold to do much of anything. I remember the clutch on my F-150 barely worked until the truck warmed up a bit then I had to add some fluid. It had shrunk so much it let it leak by the seal. Only time it happened.

Now I have too many holes in my body to get out in the cold. I come home walking like Frankenstein. And it gets worse from there. Man I wish I hadn't beat myself up so much when I was younger. You pay and pay for your foolishness when you get old and gray haired. It would be hard on the camera too. I think its rated at 35 deg. I do have a glove on it but it doesn't cover the lens. I can see it now filming a race when all of a sudden a huge crack appears That would hurt. In fact I really can't afford for anything to happen to my cameras. I treat them with kid gloves. They get a clean up as soon as I get home with a camel's hair brush to get all that nasty off-road dust off them. So far so good. Almost a year and not a bit of dust has gotten into the focus or zoom rings etc.

Actually I wish I had been into this stuff when I lived in Colorado. Man I went to some killer events of all kinds and could have done some killer vids. Especially snowmobiling and watching snowmobile mx and snowmobile drag racing on ice at Grand Lake Co. Never made it up to Canada. I was planning a trip to Lake Louise and Glacier but that was the summer I got sick and I never made it Hopefully gas will stay lower this year and I can roam a bit.

Griz