R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Futaba bls351 servo...just picked one up...
Old 02-02-2009, 09:57 PM
NCWC
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Frank L
What kind of receiver battery are they running and how long does it last. I have heard that these brushless servos drain alot of juice. I want to try them but don't want to lose power in a 45 min main.
I am not sure about how much time he gets from a charge. He runs an Orion Marathon 1600 flat pack. We run 20 min mains and usually if his main is last he will stay on the track for a couple more tanks. Im pretty sure he has went 45min before but I wasnt really timing. 2 tanks at an average of 7-8 mins after a 20min main is all over 45mins. This is with a brushless servo for steering only, he uses a standard digital Futaba for throttle.

If you read on Futaba's website they inform you to make sure your reciever pack is up to the challenge of supplying current when using these servos. So if someone told you these servos sucked their battery dry, they may have totally ignored this information and used a battery that wasnt up to the task.