R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Build Me A Winner!
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 02:41 PM
captain america
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by K_B
Dear Genie, please give me the twitch skills to compete at the highest level because even $10K in "hop-ups" ain't gonna do me squat...

LMAO! I'll have to echo that sentiment. As for the attributes I'd like to see in a vehicle, it's hard to widdle it down to just five, but here goes:

-that it be designed so as to facilitate access to critical components, and as such, that said access require minimal disassembly.

-That it employ high quality and/or high specification materials in strategic areas so as to minimize breakage, wear or slop (and the handling inconsistency brought about by the latter) between scheduled maintenance intervals.

-That it come with a detailed and comprehensive set-up guide to allow the user/driver to maximize handling through predictable setup changes. Many cars come with a veritable plethora of tuning options... That remain a mystery to all but the most adept drivers. The function of each setup-altering component should be unerstood and clearly conveyed in printed literature included with the vehicle.

-That the choice and layout of components be taken into account so as to reduce overall weight, center of gravity, maximize left/right balance, and do so in harmony with the 3 previous points.

-That it have spare parts readily available and a dedicated supply network to ensure that parts needed are available upon demand.

Also, if it could be made to look NOT fugly, that would be a plus