R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - OS Speed info
Thread: OS Speed info
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 10:29 AM
ngo8
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hobdog
I have a OS Speed that has around 5 gallons through it. I am wanting to run it this summer for my primary race engine. It runs good and idles perfect. I am getting quite a bit of leakage out of the front bearing so I was thinking of replacing it. Is the rear bearing in the speed a ceramic? I am just trying to decide if I should change it while I have it opened up. Also trying to decide if I should pinch it. Like I said it runs good but the pinch with the plug out is almost no existant, but it seems to have pretty good compression with the plug in. I just hate to mess with something that works, but I guess if I am doing it correctly, now would be the time to pinch it. Let me know what you guys think.
The front bearing on the speed is not ceramic but the rear is dont touch that one .My front bearing on my speed was leaking oil and even though i was told it is normal behaviour, i put in a ceramic one there is still a little oil that comes out but its no biggie that motor still rules no matter what idles like forever and great fuel mileage enjoy it you still have another 5 gallons on it .