R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TG10 Mk.2
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 08:52 AM
rccollect
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chiefy 707
About to bring the Mk2 back from the dead as soon as I get electronics and an engine. Nothing special just a 12TZ. My Mk2 was something else even with the FR12R and I always wondered what it could do with more power. Right now its in about a million pieces. I gotta admit I've been putting it off since I get so intimidated by the sheer number of parts it's in right now. (A full parts box there, half a parts box here, bags of new stuff in this drawer, and yet even more new parts in that drawer. Damn come to think of it, half of my Venom pit bag is Tamiya Mk2 Pro bits and pieces.

Anyways, anyone got any suggestions for a good pipe for the Mk2/TZ combo? I was looking at FW05 pipes and the RB looks kosher to me. I was thinking of the Vantage but my buddy ran his FW05 sunday (which has the Vantage pipe) and it sounded like dookie compared to my INS-having +Evo.

I know I've said this before but it's really disheartening seeing that Tamiya USA seems to completely unacknowledge the car. Was just looking through a Tamiya USA kit catalog (with the red CR01 FJ on the cover) and there's not a single mention of anything Mk2. ):
Got a cheap Novarossi N12LL5 from a local guy and intended to use the SKYLINE pipe with a manifold from LD3 but the Skyline's for left side exhaust cars! For LD3, their cars are also having a right hand tune pipe + manifold.