R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 808 or MBX6 and their driving styles/handling
Old 01-29-2009, 08:50 AM
Banter
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by markr04
FWIW, I have the Mugen MBX5 Prospec. It's a few years old and it's been very durable. I have only broken the little pieces that screw on to the turnbuckles. I assume the MBX6 would be just as durable.

I've wondered about the "luxury" bit regarding the Xray. I'm curious why Xray chose that word.
I'm not sure about other cultures, but in the US "luxury" has a slightly negative definition and is reserved for products or services that only the super wealthy can afford and are therefore unaccessible by us "commoners".

It also implies that someone that cannot afford something buys it anyway, which is also negative. I've been guilty of this on numerous occasions.

Since XRAY is headquartered in Slovakia their culture may have a more positive spin on the word? Assuming their translation to english was targeting the US I'm pretty confident that the translator is not from the US.

Maybe the translation was targeting Europe and luxury has a positive meaning there?

Interesting to think about though.