R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 10:46 PM
mracer
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
FAR from laughing...I think what you're doing is the smartest thing a new 1/12 racer can do. I did some experimenting with this combo 2 years ago and asked Stormer for some input. He guessed 55-60mm rollout, and that the Silver Can motor car would be "about a lap" behind a comparable driver with a regular stock motor. Well, our first race that I tried it at I ended up in the 55-60 range...exactly as he'd said...and at the end of eight minutes the lead car was following me across the line about 10 feet behind, so about exactly a lap "slower". That Stormer character knows his stuff!!

Since then we've had two 1/12 rookies start out with one of my Silver Can motor in their car for a few races, and both of them have a) stuck with 1/12, and b) are FAR better 1/12 racers than the guys who started out at about the same time but let false pride force them to go 17T.
Interesting.... I am a newbie that started out with a black can stock. It was a beast - to me. I am in the process of switching to brushless. When you say 17, are you meaning 17.5 BL or 17 brushed?