R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - info on some engines
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 06:42 PM
mugenb46
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by littlelane
looking for a new engine you guys are probably tired of this subject but the more i read the worse it gets.so anything you can tell me on the ones ive looked at would be greatly appreciated.looking for usual runtimes and bottom to mid power along with some topend easy to tune
axe rossi cobra
novarossi 367
os v-spec
rb concepts s7 l2g
sirio kanai evo iv sti
orion crf .21
trinity ex-tech II full mod
What do you plan on running this selection in?

The Plus 4 as mentioned abouve is a very sweet engine, the 367 is a great motor as well, there is a little less lifespan out of a standard OS due to the crank being softer than the Nova's or speed versions, it seems your willing to spend some cash on very good engines, so if durability is a strong factor the JX .21 or Speed is a good choice, both are OS based, and tunning is a breeze, both have the ceramic crank, and the rods last.

The RB is smooth and is great in buggy, awesome topend and reliable, with decent runtimes. The OS based and Nova's i know more about, the Axe and Orion not to much info, and the Trinity, i don't run other company's modded engines. Modded engines being a pain to tune, simply a matter of opinion You can't go wrong with the Nova's and RB's the OS based go with the ceramic coated version's