R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Any good tracks in CT?
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 03:28 PM
NitroOB4You
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Yes. RCMadness in Enfield is an option. Although rumor is Chris is moving. I'm not sure of any details on that though. There's also Wolcott Hobby in Wolcott.
www.wolcotthobby.com
As of right now, Lester - track owner- has no indoor racing going on. He does however, have one of the North East's premier outdoor offroad facilities. Outdoor season usually starts early/mid April, weather permitting. The hobby shop is open 7 Days/week if you want to stop in sometime to talk or call. He also specializes in Airsoft.
There's a new onroad asphalt facility in Chaplin, CT. At least I think that's where. There was once a thread here on RCT for it, but I can't seem to locate it right now. I have heard that they have offroad plans for summer 09 too. If I can find the link, I'll post it up.
There's two other places I can think of that I believe are strictly indoor offroad. I'm not really sure what they're like though as I havn't been there. The first, I don't know the name of, is in Waterbury. Owner??? ( I believe, anyway) Mark Westerfield is good people. I do know a few folks that race there and seem pleased. Pretty sure they race on Saturdays. Also, I believe Mark is an RCTech member...good chance he'll post up more info himself if he sees this. Lastly is Pinshop Hobbies in Watertown. Again, I know nothing of the place, but you could probably Google the website. These are all I know of to be sure. There could be others I'm missing but this should be a good starting point.

Joe beat me, lol...as usual...but not this year :P

Anyway, Control is the place I spoke of that is in Chaplin.