R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ---What Servo's for Full racing! Help Needed!----
Old 01-27-2009, 09:44 AM
Integra
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MattP
This was when Hitec first released the TG servos. I bought probably close to 20 of the TG series servos ranging from the 5996, 5997, 5998, to the 5955 models. I was using them in mt's and 1/8 buggies and truggies. I had the same issue with all the ones I sent back. They would be working perfectly and then poof. You would get no warning at all and then you would smell that burning electronics smell. I never busted any gear sets and I don't really bash that hard and I don't wreck very often on the track and I always set my end points correctly. Just the amplifiers were frying in them. I along with a few local racers probably sent back about 30 of the tg servos in about a 6 month period. I actually sent one back 3 times before I sold it with a vehicle.

There were a ton of people on all the forums complaining about the same issues as we were having at the time. So it definitely wasn't an isolated issue.........

and when was this ?