R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Magic B8RS Buggy
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 02:42 PM
vladconnery
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TMizzle
Team Magic never had a new buggy every 6 months. It was just running changes to their first M1B.

Main difference from the first one to the last one was different plastics and diff gears, new shocks and shock towers. It was all based on the same platform so you could just update your current one. Similar to what XRAY does with its cars. XRAY just announced a new/updated 808 for the '09 season.

The new car, they took all they learned from the M1 and made something beautiful. The quality of this kit, in my opinion is up there with XRAY. If you ever get to see one in person you will see what im talking about.
Ok, You may be right not a new buggy every 6 months. However there were allot of changes during that period. That turbo thing the M1 M1B it was dizzying the way they were spitting out changes every 6 months. I've never seen them do crazy stuff like that for there onroads. Make no bones about it there onroads are a beast. Just for the record I never said anything about the quality of there buggy or especially not there onroads. However any smart consumer takes into consideration. How many changes am I going to have to buy to keep up with there latest shot at a buggy.

For the record I like the buggy. However I do proceed with caution. I honestly hope they got it right this time. It would be nice for another race quality buggy to enter the fight. Tired of Kyosho, X-Ray, Mugen, AE & Losi argument. More competition is good for everyone and keeps manufacturers on there toes delivering quality products at reasonable prices.