R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]
Old 01-22-2009, 01:20 PM
MikeXray
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
Shoe goo (goop) typically reacts with my paint, but I live with it. I'd think the best thing to do would be to scuff the surface so the paint clings better like Dodgeboy advises. I'm going to try sealing the paint from the inside with clear coat on my next body to see if that stops the reaction with the goop. I've already tried a backing coat of silver, which didn't work and white, which seemed to work better. I goop up and drywall tape the front end before the body is ever damaged.
I spray bombed my cuda with pactra silver and backed it with rustoleum flat black (it was some protective type paint), which I also used on the hood and rear wing, shoe goo did not react with that combo at all, a good thing too because it was the only stuff holding the front end together by the end of 6 rounds Do the newer hpi cudas have thicker lexan up front? the one I got was really flimsy. I have a parma camaro to paint up, it feels like a tank in comparison (kinda looks like one too).