R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/8 Magazine shoot out.
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 12:12 PM
DerekB
Tech Master

Originally Posted by markr04
True, but the fictional person isn't a writer. He's a consumer who spent his earned money and he's got an opinion to voice.

Derek's challenge is about a consumer, not magazine reviewer, writing a constructive review about a terrible product. I'm suggesting that there's something he may not be considering... the emotional aspect that comes from a person spending his own money on a failure of a product.

and most people defend what they bought as the best ever...emotion included. I'm not sure what $500 car is worse than a $300 car, but those are examples of "what I want to feel" and not reality.

I can say that a FT TC5 is the best priced high end sedan and is capable of winning on every level. But we still chose the XRAY as our choice in X-Best.

The consumer opinion and experience is important but not many people have access to all products and have no emotional attachment to them. I'm much less excited and harder to impress than the guy who just about his new car for the year. So that takes some of that emotion out and just looks at the facts...which the internet always likes to skip.

Also oople is great, met the guy. But he even states in the review of the TRF his lack of nitro experience. That's nice from a beginner level, but is that better information? Not sure.