Thread: Hpi Pro 4
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 06:31 PM
shadow102
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Andysan
Hey Dudes, Ladies,

Glad to see that theres still much love for this car, it's still my main chassis, although i'm thinking it's probably time to move on. If only it weren't for all of those spares!

Well, I solved my problems with the front diff - people had been telling me alla long that it was the one-way, turns out that they were right. I had swapped diffs in before but to no avail. I can only guess that i didn't pay proper attention to shimming them and thats why it didnt appear to cure the problem.

I've upgraded to brushless recently and am curious if any Pro 4 owners have changed their setup to reflect this too? I only ran 27t stock before, so 13.5t brushless is quite a step-up. I ran the car very aggresive with the brushed motor, but this setup wont work with the brushless, the car is all over the place.

I've reverted to the stock kit setup, but it's still quite tail happy under power. Once bouncing along though, it's quite happy if a little understeery at top end.

I'm also having troubles with my diffs too - these have never been mcuh of an issue with the stock motor, but i guess all of the extra power and torque s taking its toll. Two meetings equals two dead rear diffs. I'm concerned i maybe running them too loose/tight. The manual (which is pretty hopeless IMHO) states that the diff should be locked when allen keys are inserted into the outdrives, but it doesn't go into any more detail than that. If i tighten them just tight enough so that i cannot turn the gear, i find that i can easily turn the one wheel if i hold the other once all is assembled, obviously because i have allot more leverage like this.

I feel like a bit of a numpty TBH, but whatever i'm doing obviously isn't right.
simple fix for all those spares...buy a cyclone alot of parts swap over.

What exactly is happening to your diffs?