R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How do I know what engine to buy?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 08:13 AM
Mark_Australia
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Czech-it-Out
Ive seen plenty of them GO tink! The motors are made in Taiwan, they have much much lower standards for aluminum then say Italy, Europe or the United states. Sure its cheaper but why take the chance of having a weekend ruined due to material inconsistencys
Can't Taiwan or anywhere else use the same materials? Even if they copied a OS or RB or Nova or whatever (they rpobably did reverse engineer one) then I would not care. I'd like to know on what basis you make these claims.... are you a metallurgist or have had somebody analyse the alloys for you?

Fact is, I see just as many gripes about V-spec longevity as I do about Go Techs. I have a Go 5 port and for $330aud (with pipe) the guys at my club are amazed how it keeps up with their $600 motors.
If it is half the price and lasts half as long then do I care??? No of course not!
But even better they don't last half as long, plenty of guys have just as many gals on them as expensive brands and still running strong.

When something new comes out cheaper there is always so many ppl lining up to complain about them. I suggest you read the whole Go Tech thread here and on www.ausrc.com
or even better try one!