R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 05:10 PM
STLNLST
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adam?
STLNLST,

Other than a one-piece top deck, and slightly revised battery position, I can't think of much in the WE that's any different than what we've been running on the original 416 with the short arms, different blocks, etc. Do you know if any of those guys tried those things before giving up?

I suppose you have to take big race results with a grain of salt, since the guys driving are superhuman, but the list of big victories for the 416 since its release is almost legendary at this point.
Thanks for the info. I see in your second post that the batteries are farther forward and the car has a ton of turn in. Does it have good rear traction to counter the steering?

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Clint,

I am pretty un biased about the car. I would suggest this car without hesitation. It responds to changes, and has been easy to setup since I bought it. I have not fallen off pace from my S400, and that car is excellent here at my home track...

I have run the 415 a limited amount, and that too was easy to setup and get on pace. Maybe my experience with the 415 does not qualify me to comment, but why go with an older design, when the new design has PROVEN to be a winner...

I find some people that get a specific car to work for them, if the replacement car does not respond in a few short weeks, they are soured on it, and want to move on, or in some cases... back. Some cars just do not suit paticular drivers.. for whatever reason. I loved my T2, but could never get the 007 to work for me, and it was pretty well accepted that the 007 was a much better car on asphalt then the T2.
Thank you as well. It's funny that you used the Xray as your asphalt example because I could never get the 007 to work for me either It was killer on carpet though. Looks like I may give the 416 a try. What's going to suck is getting back all the trash I talked about the car from the guys at the track when I show up wih one

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Clint, what is the track size/surface/grip level?

The tracks will be Ripon, Speedworld, and Marin. You already know the size of the first two and Marin is very small. From the looks of the pics I'd say Marin is slightly smaller than BCR. All the tracks are med-high grip. Hook a brotha up with some knowlege. I love my Hotbodies but lack of parts is getting old. Tired of always ordering over seas.