R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]
Old 01-12-2009, 07:58 PM
dodgeboy
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
DodgeBoy did you say that you were cutting your own window mask? Your lines for the chrome edging are tight.

On another note I have a question about using automotive paints on lexan. Aside from the paints that we all know work on lexan, like Faskolor and Createx, Pactra, Tamiya and the House of Kolor, I was looking for more options. I have asked my local paint shop about getting some automotive laquers for use on Lexan. There were two responses. 1. That getting Auto Laquer was difficult and that 2. It was very brittle and would spatter like eggshell. I have heard just the opposite about the laquer. I know somewhere there are guys using some HOK paints that are automotive. This paint shop reccommended using and automotive urethane base coat instead and, of all things he had a Lexan shell from an 1/8 scale oval car that had been sprayed with it. The paint looked like it was holding up pretty good to a beating.

Anyone else using an alternative paint source?
I do mask of my windows and then trim them out to get the fine line. The mask's that come with the car don't fit right .
As for paint I use PPG and I get it from a place called Model Car World They have many different correct colors I can paint three bodies with one 2 oz bottle of paint from them http://mcwautomotivefinishes.com/ that is the site I get it from . As long as I scuff the body I have never had paint come off.