Old 09-29-2003, 09:23 AM
Horatio
Tech Elite

Exclamation TC3 Steering Lock Problem

zgeist:

You got pm. Thanks for your efforts in replying
Those cuda guys sure get grumpy quick

All other TC3 Drivers:

I had been discusssing with zgeist about the steering on the TC3 and how it has more lock to the right than it does to the left. zgeist told me that on the Associated forum, it was claimed that ' the Assymetric steering lock was a 'designed feature' to prevent the servo from becoming locked'. Hmmmmm.

The other 'explanations' have included that 'the feature is to help with the torque steer issue on the TC3'. ?

Decreasing the lock to the left would surely mak it MORE likely to stall/lock a servo - especially on budget radios where there is no no ATV/Rate adjustability.

Torque Steer is Torque Steer - messing with the lock aint going to change it!!

Racing a TC3 with Assymetric steering is a no-no on tight indoor circuits where you need lots of lock BOTH WAYS just to get round the track - let alone be quick. This especailly true when racing indoors on control tyres that aren't especially good - don't ask me how I know ;-)

I'm beginning to think that this is actually a production error and that Associated can't be assed to fix it! I'm hoping you guys will correct me on this though - that's why I'm here

I hope some one can solve this mystery..............

BTW, none of the Cuda guys could explain why their motors are on the wrong side........